Ask STK Global for any legal-related questions of
real estate, inheritance, visa, and your daily living in Japan!
Free Q&A Platforms
Your FREE online Q&A platform to reach Japanese legal experts!
Feel free to ask Japanese Attorneys, Registered Tax Accountants, Shiho-shoshi Lawyers, Gyosei-shoshi Administrative Procedures and Visa Specialists, and all kinds of foreign professionals living in Japan.
You could ask all kinds of questions about Japanese real estate, visa, and residence in Japan, and any other issues related to your life in Japan!
Free Q&A Platform
Question #202
Japanese eqivalent to power of attorney
Can you please tell me if there is a Japanese equivalent for a power of attorney for finacial or legal matters? I have an elderly aunt 90 years old in Japan living alone (all her suriving family in Japan are even older, no young people). She needs help in selling her home and ask for my help. I grew up and am living overseas. How can I get power of attorney to act on her behalf? Do I have to petition a family court? Will they grant it to someone living overseas (I cannot move back to Japan at this time).
Category: other
2021-10-11 11:27
Answer #1
2021-10-14 14:27
On most occasions, you do not need the permission of the family court to obtain power of attorney from your aunt to sell your house. You can proceed with the sale process by having your aunt prepare a power of attorney for you. However, if you do not live in Japan, it would be hard to sell real estate in Japan. Suppose it is difficult for your aunt to go through sellin...
* Login to read full answers *
Ryosuke Kimura
Attorney-at-law & Tax Accountant
Check our official YouTube channel for the newest video updates!
Multilingual hosts from STK Legal will introduce you to the latest introductions of the most valuable Japanese real estate, visa and residence, and life in Japan!
All information guaranteed by Japanese legal and financial specialists, so please enjoy it!
YouTube Info Channel
Japan Tax Calculator
Easy-to-use and updated simulators for taxes in Japan! Need no advanced legal knowledge to use.
Available for Inheritance Tax, Gift Tax, and Income Tax for Real Property Owners, which occurred in Japan.
Japan Tax Calculator
Legacy Tomodachi Blog
Never forget to check out Legacy Tomodachi Blog for the information you have never seen!
Japanese specialists in inheritance, civil laws, taxes and real properties will introduce their works and share the latest thoughts related to Japanese inheritance and legacy plannings as your excellent references!
Legacy Tomodachi Blog