Question #156
Problems with an apartment and family members
A father have buy an apartment with the intention to move there when he will get retired. He let his former wife and 3 children to live there until ending of their studies (2 already adults and one 18 years old at that moment ) Now he can not enter the apartment, occupied by former wife and 2 of the children aged over 35. They have been asked (private conversation) several times to move but don't wish, also started law-suit against the father. Legal what can be done ? The occupants are having no contract, only verbal agreement - they promised to move out after graduating the studies. One moved out after graduation, another one moved out after graduation but returned back one year before the father's retirement. The 3-th was never moving out, also the former wife did not move out. The father is having no other property, he is living in a rental apartment. Thank you
Category: Real Properties
2021-03-06 03:19
Answer #1
2021-03-17 18:42
Suppose the apartment's ownership is in the father's name, with the former wife already divorced and all children are adults by now. In that case, the father will likely ask them to move ...
* Login to read full answers *
Ryosuke Kimura
Attorney-at-law & Tax Accountant